UPDATE! 5/9/2017 8:10 pm
Thank you all for giving so far! We are blown away by your kindness!
UPDATE! 5/9/2017 12:28 am
Remember the first $3000in donations this morning are matched by Connell Insurance.
Why Care to Learn
The goal for Care to Learn is to ensure every health, hunger or hygiene need a child may have can immediately be funded. Your gift impacts children at any one of Care to Learn’s 32 chapters, but what does your gift mean to those children?
“What it means for me to get a backpack full of food makes me feel happy that people care about students and other people enough to provide essential things that I and other people need. I’m also sad that I have to get that backpack because it means that my family is struggling and that makes me sad. But just getting that backpack makes me feel cared for.”
To make it even easier, we have supplied you 7 reasons why you should support Care to Learn.
- There are 32 Care to Learn Chapters in Missouri That Span the Entire State
- Every Chapter Has a Feeding Program and Most Have a Weekend Backpack Program
- 20 of the 53 Springfield Public Schools Have a Free and Reduced Lunch Rate of 70% or More.
- One of the Biggest Requests Care to Learn Receives is a New Toothbrush
- Since its founding in 2008, more than 700,000 impressions have been made through Care to Learn. Every impression represents a kid getting help.
- General donations go directly to the students. I'd call that a win-win.
- Care to Learn lets kids be kids.
Stay tuned for the other five reasons. A new reason will be published every week on our Medium account leading up to Give Ozarks Day.
Your gift will make an immediate impact
- $100 will provide an eye exam and glasses.
- $40 will feed a child every weekend for a month.
- $20 will buy a child a new pair of shoes.
Double your gift
This means your donation does twice as much good. Your $50 gift = $100 for local children.
About Care to Learn
Every day, students come to school hungry, dirty, cold and ill. Those factors make it hard to focus on learning. When a child is hungry, they cannot focus on learning. When a child has ill-fitting clothes and is the victim of ridicule, it is hard to focus on learning. When a child cannot see the front of the classroom, it is difficult to focus on learning.
Low-income children are 4 times more likely to be chronically absent. When they miss school, it is often for treatable illnesses, hygiene issues or family circumstances beyond their control. And when the students miss school, it is harder for them to be successful.
These children struggle in school, not because of a lack of intelligence, but because of isolation and lack of self-esteem and self-worth. Your donation will help Care to Learn immediately fund these type of needs so students can stay in school.
Care to Learn has 32 school chapters across Missouri and is adding more. Your donation will help support the students in these chapters.
Chapters can be found in:
- Springfield, Ash Grove, Ava, Bolivar, Bradleyville, Cape Girardeau, Chadwick, Clever, Dadeville, Fair Grove, Fordland, Gainesville, Greenfield, Hartville, Hazelwood, Hurley, Logan-Rogersville, Marionville, Monett, Mountain Grove, Nixa, OTC, Ozark, Republic, Sparta, St. Charles, SVN-Kansas City, Union Star, Walnut Grove, Warrenton, Willard, and Wright City.
For more information go to Caretolearnfund.org